Nurse Practitioners of Nova Scotia
Nurse Practitioner Association of Nova Scotia (NPANS) is a non-profit volunteer association that that supports and
promotes the role of the nurse practitioner.
The goal of NPANS is to enhance the health of Nova Scotians through advocacy, support and development of the Nurse
NPANS’s objectives include:
- Upholding and promoting:
- The Canadian Nurses Association’s (CNA) Nursing Practice Standards Nova Scotia
College of Nurses (NSCN) Standards of Practice for Nurse Practitioners and Competencies for Nurse Practitioners
- Promoting NP practice, research, education, leadership and advocacy.
- Partnering with other health care organizations, interest groups, to lobby government.
- Providing advice and expertise to other professional organizations on NP practice.
- Providing a voice for NPs as a key stake holder on practice issue.
- Development of continuing education programs which meet the specific needs of nurse practitioners.
- Communicating with NPANS members continuing education opportunities.
- Partnering with consumers, other healthcare and related organizations to promote public visibility and awareness
of the NP role within the health care system.
- Encourage NPANS members to collaborate with Key stakeholders to promote optimal health of Nova Scotians.
NPANS Constitution (Updated September 2020)